Pain in knee upon waking up without a particular reason

General questions about exercises, stretching, gaining range of motion, handling pain and swelling.Also braces, mobility aids, sleeping aids, shoes.
CustomPaint89
MICROgeek (<20 posts)
MICROgeek (<20 posts)

Pain in knee upon waking up without a particular reason

Post by CustomPaint89 »

I had a mpfl repair, lateral release and patella alignment done 314 days ago. I did my workout yesterday and there was no significant pain during activity or after activity. I iced the knee after activity 2 times for 20 minutes. Woke up the next day with slight knee pain. This seems to happen for no particular reason. I just wake up with slight knee pain that seems to subside after warming up. When this happens i don't know whether or not its safe to do some exercise. So the question is is it safe to do some light exercise? With slight pain. I always wonder how much pain is normal. Should i play through some pain at this point.
CustomPaint89
MICROgeek (<20 posts)
MICROgeek (<20 posts)

Re: Pain in knee upon waking up without a particular reason

Post by CustomPaint89 »

The knee pain has persist, I must have overworked the knee in the gym or something. I think i did too many sets on the leg press
The_KNEEguru
Administrator
Administrator

Post by The_KNEEguru »

See an answer to one of your other threads /forum/viewtopic.php?p=740338#p740338 - it is almost a year in your case since your surgery, so your suggestion to 'play through the pain at this point' seems reasonable.
Quentoi
MICROgeek (<20 posts)
MICROgeek (<20 posts)

Post by Quentoi »

Feeling a bit of knee discomfort after a workout happens to the best of us. If it's not too bad and gets better with a warm-up, you're probably good for some light exercise. Just take it easy and don't push too hard.

Return to “General rehab issues and pain problems”