OSGOOD SCHLATTERS SURGERY SUCCESS STORY!!!!

Chronic inflammation of the lump below the kneecap.
Pcl_nightmare
MICROgeek (<20 posts)
MICROgeek (<20 posts)

OSGOOD SCHLATTERS SURGERY SUCCESS STORY!!!!

Post by Pcl_nightmare »

Don't listen to most of the crap on here about how this surgery is not successful! I had mine done on the Jan 11th 2011 and I'm already feeling better. My OS took two OSGOOD BUMPS out and im already walking up and down stairs pain free. The people that are complaining about it not being worth it are one of two things.

#1- You probably didn't have the best orthopedic surgeon. If you are in the New York area I highly recommend (Dr Gregory Difelice, he is located at 525 East 68th st star building 2nd floor elevator K (212)-746-4993) as he has worked on both of my knees and im playing competetive rugby once again at a high level. My first surgery was no picnic trust me. It was a 2 year recovery from a level 3 PCL tear and no its not exactly like it use to be but that's what surgery is. The truth is you will never be 100% and I was told this going in. At least now my knee doesn't explode when I run 10 yards and send me to the emergency room because that's what I was dealing with before I decided on the surgery. I can play full games and sprint again. Compared to that surgery this one (osgood schlatters) seems like a joke quite honestly. If im already pain free in the area that was giving me trouble I can't wait till June when the knee is fully recovered. There was a time I thought I would never recover from my PCL surgery but I stayed mentally strong and also found a great physical therapist which brings me to number 2-

#2- Get a great physical therapist! Believe me I have been through a half dozen of these people and I'll tell you first hand some don't know s**t! I found an excellent PT in NJ (where I live) at (optimum physical therapy in Lyndhurst NJ my therapist name is Alex Bua) he's very smart and one evaluation with this guy and you will know he knows his stuff. He is the only physical therapist that told me flat out what I was going through like it was told to me by Dr Difelice. He also trained me the correct way and had me play a full season of competetive rugby again! Unfortunatley for me this osgood schlatters in my other knee that has been bothering me since I was 13 years old (I'm 28 now) was becoming worse then ever and by reading this website I was very skeptical about going through this surgery because there is ZERO good feedback.

I'm basically saying that if you go into a knee surgery and aren't mentally prepared to workout you will fail. It sucks I'm not going to lie I didn't want to stretch twice a day and do all these crazy workouts, it's not exactly a good time. It hurts like hell but this is what you have to do to recover BOTTOM LINE! This is not a advertisement for the 2 DR's I recommended obviously most of you will not be in range to have these guys work on you. Just make sure you find the right DR . I had one OS Dr in NJ telling me I would never run again and to take aleve twice a day... WRONG! My full recovery should be in around June if I do what my OS and PT tell me and I plan on it...

ANY WAY IF ANYONE WOULD LIKE ANY ADVICE OR MORAL SUPPORT PLEASE FEEL FREE TO EMAIL ME
[email protected]

3 KNEE SURGERIES DONE
JAN 2009 LEVEL 3 PCL TEAR RECONSTRUCTION- LEFT KNEE..
JAN 2010 KNEE SCOPE TO CLEAR CARTILAGE-LEFT KNEE...
JAN 2011 PATELLA TEAR AND OSGOOD SCHLATTERS REMOVAL- RIGHT KNEE...
Last edited by Pcl_nightmare on Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Osgood Schlatter's Disorder”