Full knee brace won’t stay in place

Sprains, contusions, cysts and tendinitis
Lindshess
MICROgeek (<20 posts)
MICROgeek (<20 posts)

Full knee brace won’t stay in place

Post by Lindshess »

Hi everyone! I had an ACL/MCL repair 2/25/21 and have been in a full hinged knee brace since. Since the swelling has gone down and I've been more mobile, the dang thing won't stay up. I have the straps directly below and above my knee tighter and the putter straps a bit looser per my doc and PT's recommendations. It still constantly slides down to the point where I can't walk more than a minute before I have to readjust it. I've tried it on bare skin, legging and pants- it actually pulls my pants down too until I look like I have a saggy diaper on! Any tips on how to keep the thing in place??? I have to wear it another 4 weeks, so can't burn it until then.
Petal
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Re: Full knee brace won’t stay in place

Post by Petal »

I get same issue with full brace. Only thing I found that worked was to stitch belt loops to a pair of leggings- wear a tight belt then do the brace up tight. without wearing a tight belt at waist the brace pulls my leggings down, I can't wear one over jeans or trousers as just too uncomfortable but leggings with a belt works for me. only takes 10 minutes to stitch some loops to leggings so as can take a belt. Brace completely wrecks leggings so I buy cheap ones and accept they won't last as long as normal. I make the belt loops out of strong nylon strap but anything strong will do.

Return to “Muscle and tendon rehab issues”