Success Story - patellofemoral pain syndrome

Wound problems, infection, external scarring, inflammation, nerve problems, RSD, synovial chondromatosis
BusterCatLegs
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Success Story - patellofemoral pain syndrome

Post by BusterCatLegs »

Hi all,

It has probably been a few years since I last posted but I wanted to write to say that I would consider myself about 95% recovered. I can walk a mile in a day no problem. I live a normal life and don't think about my knees daily. Once in a while they get a bit weird feeling but that doesn't lead to any other type of pain. I do avoid running and certain exercises that put a lot of stress on the knee joint.

I still wear the knee high socks though!! And when I get paranoid I still tape my knees.

I never had surgery and I'd say that it took about 4 years to fully recover, physically and also mentally.

If you'd like to read my story it is in the pages here and I'm happy to answer questions if you want to DM me.

My best to all of you!!
S

The_KNEEguru
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Success Story - patellofemoral pain syndrome

Post by The_KNEEguru »

Hi
It's great that you found your way back onto the new forum. We had to make the shift because the old one was not mobile-responsive and also won't play well with the content side of KNEEguru which sits on a platform that we have to update before the end of November '23 as it is no longer being supported by its developers. This is a right pain and lots of problems have needed to be ironed out, but slowly past members are finding their way to the new KNEEtalk.

You are right to have been sceptical of surgery for patellar pain - there are so many things that can affect it and it really needs patience and an open mind to walk through all the conservative (non-surgical) possibilities before progressing to surgery. The years of offering patients a lateral release as a cure-all for patellar tracking issues now thankfully appear to be over, and I think you all have made a contribution in cautioning patients with kneecap pain to explore all contributing factors from the foot to the hip before any surgery.

There's a little ebook on KNEEguru written by Lars Blønd which readers of this post of yours might find helpful - https://www.kneeguru.co.uk/KNEEnotes/eb ... estigation

Return to “Soft Tissue Healing Problems - General”